Monday, March 1, 2010

Bella Vista Elementary









Welcome to Bella Vista's library! My name is Michelle Sanders and I am one of two aides filling in for Paula Poulson while she is on leave. A little bit about me - I have a degree in English Literature, but strangely enough I ended up with a career in the business world. Last year, I decided enough was enough and left the business world, a decision I have not regretted. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bella Vista since it combines many of my favorites; books, children, and wonderful co-workers.

This week is our Book Fair, so all library activities have been suspended for the week. This gives us a chance to catch up on the duties that get pushed to the side, things like book repair, long-term planning, catching up on e-mails, blogging... well, you know how it goes.

It is well known that March is Dr. Seuss's birthday, but it is also National Women's History month. For part of March, we will focus on "If You Lived When Women Won Their Rights" by Anne Kamma and Pamela Johnson for the upper grades. It tells about women's lives before and after they could vote. The before and after comparisons make it interesting and fun.

For the younger children, I will read "When the Root Children Wake Up," retold by Audrey Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment